SACRED MARRIAGE BY GARY THOMAS
What If God Designed Marriage To Make Us Holy More Than To Make Us Happy?
My colleague gave me this book recently. Initially, I was struggling to read because I am quite choosy in the way a writer writes. Some books I can finish really fast because of the style of writing while others I'll need to make more effort to finish. I usually prefer the story kind like 5 languages of love by gary chapman.
I'm surprised to know that this book is one of the top 10 christian books in terms of love. Since the author is a man, most of the example given was how he / men shld treat his/ their wives. As I read, it make me feel more important and in mind, I kept telling myself.. matthew must read this. But as I read on, I realised I could also draw some examples in the book and some stuff inside do speak to me. As I find it more relevant, it was easier for me to read on and I am still reading it.
Anyway, saw some quotes in the book that I find it rather interesting and true.
What If God Designed Marriage To Make Us Holy More Than To Make Us Happy?
My colleague gave me this book recently. Initially, I was struggling to read because I am quite choosy in the way a writer writes. Some books I can finish really fast because of the style of writing while others I'll need to make more effort to finish. I usually prefer the story kind like 5 languages of love by gary chapman.
I'm surprised to know that this book is one of the top 10 christian books in terms of love. Since the author is a man, most of the example given was how he / men shld treat his/ their wives. As I read, it make me feel more important and in mind, I kept telling myself.. matthew must read this. But as I read on, I realised I could also draw some examples in the book and some stuff inside do speak to me. As I find it more relevant, it was easier for me to read on and I am still reading it.
Anyway, saw some quotes in the book that I find it rather interesting and true.
- Marriage requires a radical commitment to love our spouse as they are, while longing for them to become what they are not yet. Every marriage moves either toward enhancing one another's glory or toward degrading each other. -Dan Allender and Tramper Longman III
- Marriage is the operation by which woman's vanity and a man's egotism are extracted without anesthetic. -Helen Rowland
- One of the best wedding gifts God gave you was a full length mirror called your spouse. Had there been a card attached, it would have said, "Here's helping you to discover what you're really like!" - Gary and Betsy Ricucci
- A magnificent marriage begins not with knowing one another but with knowing God. - Gary and Betsy Ricucci

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home