OhmYgOsH!!

Friday, December 01, 2006

FINALLY FINALLY

Not that my leg has finally recovered. No.. it hasn't. It is still swollen and I'm still limping. But on the road to recovery. Finally finally, I've got a permanent job. I should thank God for how it happened.. or should I say thank God for the accident that had happened and his timing.

I was actually very unhappy with my current job recently for the past months. Unhappy with my boss and all the office politics that was going on. I really wanted leave and also it has been a long while since I work as a temp there. Anyway, after the accident, I actually went for 2 interviews and one of which has offered me the position as a chemist. And I was supposed to start work on 20 Nov. But because of my 2nd review with the doctor, I was given a 14 days hospitalisation leave and so I actually if I could start work on 1 Dec. But after the appointment letter was sent to me via email, I didn't feel very good about the pay which is actually agreed upon and the benefits. The benefits that the co. was giving me was bothering me alot. I knew if I were to take it up, I will be very unhappy working there cos I felt I was underpaid and I got to work on alternate Saturday.

So I called up my current company's HR cos abt one month back I actually went for an interview at the flavor department (I worked in the fragrance dept as a temp staff). Since there was no call from them for so long, I didn't expect them to offer me but I thot I should juz try and ask and give myself a chance. So I called asking about the status and indicating to them I wanna know my chances cos another company has actually offered me a position. So the HR went about checking with the boss over that dept and at the end of the day I was called to go for a 2nd interview the very next day. The interview was very positive but the only problem was the headcount which this company always faced. Cos I'm not given the position I applied for but was being transferred to another position cos the boss felt that I might be best fitted there due to the course I'm studying. To put it short, I was accepted within 1 week. Thank God for the HR which tried to rush everything for me so that I could give the other company a reply. So I rejected the first company and am going to start work in this current company on 4 Dec. The pay is abit better than the first co and the benefits are definitely so much better but one thing for sure is I muz get myself ready for OT.

Actually I dun really know exactly what my job scope is cos flavor is totally new to me and what they told me in the interview sounds totally alien to me. It's really how amazing I get the position cos I really know NOTHING. All I know is I'm involved in creating new technologies for the company... Wahhhh.. sounds so awesome right.. haha.. but I dunno wat I'm getting into. Should be alot of research work, report writing and lots of hands-on. I hope I'll get my own work space... a personal table and a computer that can surf net so I can do my research at work and not at home.

Thank God for seeing me thru as they were actually contemplating to employ me because of my injury, they were afraid that it will get aggravated as the machines are big and so are the samples. Right now, I do hope that God can continue to see me thru and be effective in my job. I am looking forward to start on this job cos I know it is something challenging and I can finally use my brains to work... not like my temp job.. a totally brainless job. Haha...

1 Comments:

  • congrats!!

    all things are made beautiful in God's timing. hahaha. err... do i make sense? heh.

    oh.. 2nd pay muzt treat le!! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home