OhmYgOsH!!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

RIEZLERN (23.02.08)


1. The lift that bring you up the slope to ski down 2. Me on the snow blades 3. Me and Mariano in the cable car 4. This is the life up on the top of the mountain which I didnt attempt cos it's really steep


Had a 3 hours drive with Mariano and Stefanie to Riezlern, mountains at the border of Austria. It was a beautiful sight seeing snow covering the mountain but too bad did not see any snow falling down from the sky. The weather was really good, it was sunny and the temperature was about 11 degrees Celsius.

Went to a shop to rent my snow blades (smaller version of ski and without sticks) and shoes for just 14.50 euro. It was really a great deal. Wanted to learn ski-ing but the training school is really expensive and not worth it for a few hours. Steffi and Mariano taught me how to do it as it was my first time. Never tried something like this before. Both of the snow boarded instead. Got a ticket for the lift and cable car for 20 euro. So in the end only spent 34.50 euro which is less than S$100.

It wasn’t that difficult for me to learn how to snow blade cos I guess I have experience in roller blading, ice skating and wake boarding. Fell a few times in the beginning as I didn’t know how to stop and turn. But half way thru the slope, I finally got it!! =) Gotta use lots of body weight to turn the body to come to a break. The most tiring part is falling down and having to get up. The blades always seems to be in the way and I used all my “milk” strength to push myself up. Hahaa..

Suffered from muscle ache everywhere the very next day… and the shoes also caused me to have some bruises on my legs. OUCH…It hurts quite a bit.

I really enjoyed the whole trip… and it was definitely a good exercise for me too… Perspired so much. Hee…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home