OhmYgOsH!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

RATTLING

Am sick.. and coughing my lungs out. It's all Matt's fault for not seeing a doc with his everlasting cough and spread his virus to me. Started to cough since monday together with sore throat and progress to having flu as well. Coughed really bad at night.. and was tired to go to work. Every day, I will tell me colleague I wanna go on mc the next day but it never happened as I can't finished my work. Finally today, went back in the morning and finished whatever needs to be and left to see doc. 2 days mc... but boss told me this morning to be well and go back tmr to supervise the production. Will see how I feel.. having back ache and heavy head now as well... Didn't get better even after the nap. 

Anyway, went out with Matt and his poly frens for steamboat buffet $yest at tiong bahru. This place called Le Le Pot... I think it's really nice.. strong aircon that you will not perspire at all.. and can take your time to eat. We reached about 730pm and was there till 1130pm. Can try!! It's only $18.80 nett and comes with free deserts.

Half way through our dinner, a man walked in holding on to his chest and asked the waitress for a cup of water. The smart waitress sensing something not right called for the ambulance immediately. Within seconds, the man collapsed on the floor and went into fits. Everyone was stunned. Someone shouted to give him a cloth or spoon to let him bite. Me, having gone thru first aid training remembered we have asked our trainer what to do with a fits patient. Recalling what he said... I went up to the pple surrounding the man... and said, " Dun stuff anything into his mouth, in case he vomit and choke on it. let him be and push away the chairs and tables to prevent him from injuring himself. You can't do much to him, juz make sure he dun injure himself and wait for the ambulance." But of cos there are still smart alec that still try to put the spoon and cloth into his mouth even after I said it. But they took it out after a while. And true enough, the man started to foam abit after 10min.. thank God at that time nothing was in his mouth. The paramedics came in 15mins and adminstered oxygen to him and off they went. 

It was a scary experience. I was shivering while sitting there waiting for the ambulance and hoping for the best. Hoping that nothing serious will go wrong and resuscitation is not required as that will be the worst case scenario. It's not easy.. as doing it wrongly might break the rib bone. Phew!! What an experience.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home